Are you one of the millions of Americans who suffer from joint pain? If so, you know how disabling it can be. Joint pain can make it difficult to do everyday activities, such as walking or even sitting down. Chiropractic care is drug-free and non-invasive, which means very few to no side effects. We provide chiropractic care for joint pain relief and pain management at Living Well Chiropractic in Gilbert, AZ. Our chiropractor, Dr. Campbell, uses his experience to diagnose joint pains and recommend suitable chiropractic treatments.
Common Causes of Joint Pain
There are many reasons why you may experience joint pain. Some of the most common causes include:
- Osteoarthritis – the wear and tear of aging causes this chronic condition.
- Gout – caused by uric acid crystals building up in the joints.
- Personal injuries and sports injuries – severe injuries or trauma can cause pain.
- Joint infections – bacterial, viral, or fungal infections are common causes of joint pain.
- Physical strain – repetitive movement of the muscles or bones can cause strain.
- Wrongful or unnatural movements – the use of certain athletic moves and poor posture can lead to pain in the joints.
How Does Chiropractic Care for Joint Pain Work?
Chiropractic care involves individualized treatments that are customized based on the patient's condition, needs, and preferences. Our chiropractor in Gilbert will begin by taking the patient's case history so we can identify the underlying cause of the pain. This is followed by a comprehensive exam to identify any areas of concern. A detailed diagnosis will follow, followed by a suitable treatment plan. Your treatment program may include techniques such as:
- Joint mobilization and adjustments – the gentle introduction of controlled pressure to the joints to relieve pain and tension.
- Therapy – such as heat, cold, massage, and stretching to help with joint mobility.
- Exercise programs – to help strengthen the muscles around the joints.
In addition to chiropractic treatments, our chiropractor may recommend dietary changes and other complementary treatments to relieve your joint pain.
Visit Living Well Chiropractic for Joint Pain Treatment
Living Well Chiropractic offers a range of chiropractic treatments for joint pain management. Dr. Campbell uses his expertise to identify the likely causes of your pain and recommend suitable treatments. If you live in or around Gilbert and are experiencing joint pain, call our team today at (480) 539-2774 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.